Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Fall Pros and Cons... But Mostly Pros

It's been a beautiful fall. To be honest, fall is one of my favorite times. The cooler weather, the leaves changing, and, of course, the baking. The cooking. The fall vegetables. The applesauce. The cider. The pumpkin and black bean chili that is currently simmering in the kitchen.

I may not be the biggest fan of Halloween, but everything else? Adore. Did I mention soups? Sweet potato pie?

Mmmm.

Oh yeah, and the Cardinals just won the World Series!

So the cons?

Well, I'm currently home sick in my pajamas. Fall, with its wonderful cooler weather and beautiful changing leaves, wreaks havoc on my sinuses. So, there's that.

But there's still soup. And pie. And chocolate tarts. And curling up with blankets and nooks and puppies.

So... I call it a win, overall. Especially once my nose stops running.

Note: Though I may not love Halloween, I love dressing up.  Alec and I went as an adventuring steampunk couple this year, and I made correspondingly extravagant cookie cupcakes.


"Gear" cookie cupcakes!



Got to play beer pong for the first time.  Lutheran Beer Pong.

Please ignore the caveman in the background.

1 comment:

  1. OMG. GEAR CAKES AND YOU AND ALEC STEAMPUNKED OUT. SIGN ME UP.
    (I realize how annoying all caps is, but STILL woman! I wanted to convey my absolute agogery at your awesomeness.)

    ReplyDelete